Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mother’s Day 2012

Mother’s Day weekend was great around here.  I kicked off the weekend with a stop to my new favorite place The Sweet Tooth Fairy!!  They were giving all mom’s a free cupcake.  I also stopped in, because about a month ago, I won an online contest for a baker’s dozen of these fabulous cupcakes and I wanted them for Mother’s Day!!!!  (Best thing I have ever won!)  Since everything else I was getting was FREE, I decided to splurge on some cakebites since I had never tried them.  mmmmm!  If they weren’t so darn expensive, these could really become a guilty pleasure fast!

013014

We decided to visit our moms on Saturday, so there would be less running around on Sunday.  I had a Pinterest-inspiration on what to do for them when I saw a cute pillow with “Be Our Guest” on it!  Pillows it was!  I didn’t have quite enough fabric for two “Be Our Guest” ones, but I think both sets turned out pretty cute!  Savannah helped me paint the darling Chevron pillows, and I have everything cut out to make myself one one of these days.  I really love them!

015018

My mom loved the “Be Our Guest” and hurried and grabbed her feather duster to pose for a picture!  I love my wack-o mom!!!  Jason’s mom loved them as well, but no feather duster picture for her!  We sure do love both of our sweet mother’s and everything they have and still do sacrifice for us!  They are both wonderful examples!  We are really lucky to have them in our lives!!

021

On Mother’s Day, my family all had special gifts for me.  I love love LOVE all of the darling handmade items I received!  I got cute handmade notes, a darling beaded heart keychain, magnets and washer necklaces!

022

In primary, the girls all made me a flip chart about what they love about their mom.  I also got a cookie with each!  Three kids in primary=3 cookies!  Score!

088

Since I am in nursery, I was in charge of the nursery Mother’s Day gift.  I got these cute frame kits on Easter clearance and knew they would be perfect!  I love how they all turned out!!

089

I spent the day relaxing -on family orders- while they all participated in making me a way yummy dinner! 

026

I absolutely love being a mom to these fantastic kiddos!  They make me so happy!!

IMG_0948a

I couldn’t do it without my awesome other half though!!  I love this guy to pieces and he really went up and beyond to make me feel loved!  Thanks sweetie!

IMG_9747

3 comments:

benniegirl said...

i love this post-cute pillows!!! and sounds like the food was yummy.

Melinda said...

Looks like you got spoiled! I think it is great that you got 3 cookies from having kids in Primary. Little perks like that are nice bonuses to having multiple kids.

Ashley Ferguson Moreno said...

I like how you said "3 kids = 3 cookies" instead of "3 kids = 3 flipcharts." The cookies were the importat part right:)