Friday, February 24, 2012

Our New Ride!

We recently got our taxes done, and decided that this would be the year we would use our tax return to get a newer vehicle.  Our old van had been good to us through the years and we had lots of family fun in it, but it was old, and we wanted to have something more reliable--especially since we are a one-vehicle family.  I found a van online that looked like a good deal, and that night, Jason and I loaded up the kids and took them to the dealer to take a look.  It was late, the kids were tired, and really didn’t want to sit in our van while daddy looked at a new car, but they were pretty good sports.  We decided it was the right van for us and by the next evening, we were heading back to the dealership to pick up our new van!  When we got ready to go pick up the new van, Jared managed to put his own coat on, and when I turned around I noticed the fabulous job he had done putting it on upside down!  These were the very last pictures I took in our old van. 

038039

We got our new van, which Jason lovingly named “Bessie”, and have been loving it! 

043

The kids enjoy having HEAT in the back so they don’t freeze to death.  And I know they will be loving the A/C in the summer as well.  Rear heating and A/C was NOT a feature of our old van…

041

They also are quite fond of the DVD player, which we don’t use unless we go on a trip.  (We have found many local “trips” to go on lately…) 

044

We are also excited for some of the other fun features like stow n’ go & swivel n’ go seating. 

042

Mom and dad love the dual climate control in the front, since daddy is always hot and mommy is always cold.  Now we can both be the perfect temperature!  We also both enjoy our heated seats.  It is super nice to drive with a warm bum!!

045

And, a car just wouldn’t be OUR car without our beloved Zebra dice!

We are super grateful to have been able to get a new vehicle this year, and that our old car didn’t die on us before we could trade it in!  We had many little blessings along the way to be able to get into a newer, more reliable vehicle and are excited for all of the fun adventures we will take together in it!

5 comments:

Ashley Ferguson Moreno said...

SOOOO fun! I'm glad you were able to get such a nice new van. Too bad you aren't coming to California THIS year:) That would've been a fun trip!

Josh and Anna said...

New cars are so fun!! It's amazing the features that they are putting in these days. I especially love the fuzzy dice. Very nice:)

benniegirl said...

That is so exciting!!! It looks incredible.

Nikki and Bryan said...

Looks like so much fun!

shawnajctenney.blogspot.com said...

Cool! Ummm.... can we have your old van? Love, Shawna ;)