Another activity on our bucket list was to have a backyard campout. I rallied the kids one Friday to help me get the yard spic and span and we could do it. They were troopers, even after encountering FOUR mice!! Ew!!!! We got the yard work done just in time for Jason to get home. (I think he might have planned that a little too well….) After the mice incident though, I was not all about camping, so we just turned it into a cookout which is all of the fun anyway!!
My hunky hubby made us a wonderful fire.
We roasted hot dogs for dinner. I loved watching my youngest two who always had their hot dog at least a foot from the fire! Ha ha!
My older two were pretty much pros at it and had a great time trying to make the perfect hot dog!
Then we moved on to S’mores!!
Jared’s s’more went a little like this:
Jason’s s’more went a little like this:
Is it any wonder who Jared takes after?!?
After s’mores, I brought out my guitar and we all enjoyed some campfire singing.
It was a PERFECT night! After we got the kids in bed, Jason and I sat out by the fire for a long time just enjoying the beautiful evening. We loved our little summer cookout!



0 comments:
Post a Comment